Held at El Cielito Hotel, Sta. Rosa, Laguna on March 1-2, 2018.
Congress enacted on May 2016 RA 10848 – An Act Further Extending the Period of Implementation of the ACEF which extended the Fund’s utilization until 2022 and provided for the promulgation by an ACEF Executive Committee (EXECOM) of new policies and guidelines necessary for the planning, administration, coordination and monitoring of the utilization of the Fund.
The Fund shall be released for:
- The increased productivity of farmers and fisherfolk by providing the necessary credit to farmers and fisherfolk and their cooperatives and associations, and micro and small-scale enterprises, for the acquisition and establishment of production, postharvest, and processing machineries, equipment and facilities, farm inputs and improvement;
- Research and development on agricultural and fishery products of state universities and colleges; and
- A comprehensive and attractive grant-in-aid program for agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and veterinary medicine education to promote the development of agriculture and fisheries.
The orientation-workshop aims to:
- Enable LBP and DA-BAR to present to participants from concerned offices within DA the specific lending and R&D grant (for SUCs) program, respectively;
- Familiarize participants on their respective duties/functions as per ACEF IRR;
- Help identify and resolve issues/concerns that might be encountered during the implementation of the ACEF IRR/specific programs, some of which are for possible ACEF EXECOM approval; and
- Inculcate among participants a common understanding on the implementation of the ACEF IRR/specific programs.